I really wish you could have seen my kitchen half an hour ago… It literally looked like we’d been burgled by the food colouring police! It was one of those moments (I’m sure we’ve all had them) where I thought “How the heck am I going to get out of this mess?”
For those of you that know me well, you’ll know I always bite off more than I can chew… Instead of just dying one lot of pasta I decided to not only make and dye spaghetti but also alphabet pasta and stars! I could literally start up a pasta parlour with the amount of pasta we have in our house at present!
The reason being… I want to provide my children with an exciting, engaging opportunity to investigate capacity this week. The pasta will not only be a fab sensory experience but will give them a great resource to develop mathematical thinking.
Here’s how I got into the mess I did…
- Cook your desired pasta (my advice, just stick to one variety!
- Drain as normal and pop into a large mixing bowl
- Add a glug (technical term!!) of Olive oil to coat the pasta
- Now add a few drops of food colouring (I needed more than I thought I would!)
- Find a little person to help mix the colour through the pasta
- Lay the pasta on a baking sheet to dry!
Et Voila there we have the worlds largest amount of coloured pasta!
Whilst I was making the black stars it did make me think how fab this would look set in jelly as “frog spawn” if I had the energy I’d do this, but for now all I have the energy for is popping the kettle on and having a cup of tea and a nice custard cream!
Happy Sunday Lovlies x